Manor History

The J. L. Clark home was built in 1917 on Center Street, and the family moved into the home in 1918. As head of the local Red Cross, J. L. Clark risked his own life to care for flu victims during the great epidemic.  The Clarks had two sons and two daughters. Shortly after the deaths of Mr, and Mrs. Clark in the mid-1950s, the heirs gave the home to a group of Lutheran pastors and leaders to be used as The Good Shepherd Nursing Home. LSS is proud to carry on the Clark’s tradition of excellent health care for all.

Photos

Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio is a United Way agency, a member of Lutheran Services in America and a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Copyright © 2016 Lutheran Social Services. All Rights Reserved.